Tornado's fencing heritage
Over the last 50 years, Tornado has become the name in quality fencing across the agricultural, equestrian, forestry and infrastructure sectors.
We are the only fencing manufacturer to have evolved from a fence contracting business, so we know what it takes to design, manufacture and install the perfect fence.
Our unique understanding of how a fence needs to perform, combined with our meticulous attention to detail in all our processes and our hugely experienced team, allows us to create the fencing solution you are looking for; maximum protection with minimum lifetime costs.
Tornado’s story began back in 1969 when the company evolved from a farming enterprise in Scotland into a fence contracting business. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, Tornado’s innovative approach led to a number of firsts in the industry; we began erecting permanent electric fencing, installing high tensile line wire fencing, manufacturing patented droppers for high tensile line wire fencing, and importing high tensile net fences from New Zealand.
Then, in 1982 Tornado became the first fencing company to manufacture high tensile steel wire fencing in the UK. Our heritage in the fencing industry had given us a unique understanding of how great fencing needs to perform and we have taken great pride ever since in sharing the hands-on fencing experience of our team.
Tornado is now widely recognised as the industry-leading fencing manufacturer – we produce the highest quality fencing that provides maximum protection with minimum lifetime costs; after all, a great fence that doesn’t need constant repair or replacement is far more cost-effective than a cheap and (not so) cheerful fence that becomes a constant drain on labour, materials, cost and effort.
Above all, our customers are at the heart of everything we do – we are happy when our customers are happy. Our approach to achieving this is remarkably simple; we’ll help you pick the best fence for your needs, manufactured to the highest quality, backed up by the best service and advice.
Investors In People
Here at Tornado, it’s not just the quality of our fencing that sets us apart; a founding and lasting principle of our culture is the knowledge that great people do a great job. This has been recognised and rewarded with our 2018 Investors In People Gold Award; a reflection of the investment we make into the Tornado team.
We are delighted and proud to have received IIP Gold. Everything we do is about high quality and we would find it impossible to maintain the consistent high standards we set ourselves without the support of a well-trained, motivated and empowered workforce. This award is a testament to all their hard work.
Tornado's quality accreditations
Within our daily activities and company processes, we live the fundamental principles and guidance contained in BS EN ISSO 9001 2015 which is our system of quality management.
- Leadership and commitment to quality and service comes from the top management levels in the company to ensure we are a world class supplier of high quality fencing and associated products.
- We apply relentless attention to detail and have a drive for continual improvement in all that we do.
- We have a focus on delivering products and services which will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- If any of our products and services fall short of these standards we strive to make sure that a minimal impact is experienced by our customers and their customers. No supplier is perfect but we think that how we respond and learn when something does go wrong is a key part of our customer service.
- We demand similarly high standards from our own suppliers of materials and services.
- We actively seek feedback from our customers about how we could improve the products and service we offer.
- We invest time and the right skills in our employees and engage them fully in delivering according to customer expectations. It’s a real team effort.